This is the first basic NON-PROFESSIONAL aeronautical licence.
The holder of such a licence is allowed to act:
- As Pilot-in-command of single-pilot operation certified aeroplanes (single-engine or multiengine if holding the appropriate rating) engaged in non remunerated flights, holding the corresponding Class/- Type ratings.
- As a pilot in instrument flight conditions when holding the Instrument Rating.
This is the initial licence awarded before becoming a professional pilot.
- Minimum Age: 17 years at the time of the final exam.
- Class 2 Medical Certificate.
Air Law and ATC Procedures
Aircraft General Knowledge
Flight Performance and Planning
Human Performance and Limitations
Principles of Flight
45 hours flight time in aeroplanes.
Out of these hours the requirements include: a minimum of 10 hours solo flight in aeroplanes under the supervision of an authorised flight instructor, including 5 hours solo cross country flight, plus a single cross country flight of at least 270 Km. (150 nautical miles), during which full stop landings will be carried out at two different aerodromes.
- Ground School Phase: 180 hours over a period of 4 months.
- Practical Phase: It usually takes 2 to 4 months to fly all the 45 hours. It is possible to fly on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Flights are carried out at Requena Aerodrome (Valencia).
Ground school exam at Madrid (Senasa)
Flight exam at Requena Aerodrome
MANUALS AND STUDY MATERIAL
FLIGHT .................. Hours
PA-28 or C-172 .......... 45