AEROPLANE – PRIVATE
This is the first basic NON-PROFESSIONAL aeronautical licence.
The holder of such a licence is allowed to act:
- As Pilot-in-command of single-pilot operation certified aeroplanes (single-engine or multiengine if holding the appropriate rating) engaged in non remunerated flights, holding the corresponding Class/- Type ratings.
- As a pilot in instrument flight conditions when holding the Instrument Rating.
This is the initial licence awarded before becoming a professional pilot.
- Minimum Age: 17 years at the time of the final exam.
- Class 2 Medical Certificate.
|Air Law and ATC Procedures||20|
|Aircraft General Knowledge||20|
|Flight Performance and Planning||20|
|Human Performance and Limitations||20|
|Principles of Flight||20|
45 hours flight time in aeroplanes.
Out of these hours the requirements include: a minimum of 10 hours solo flight in aeroplanes under the supervision of an authorised flight instructor, including 5 hours solo cross country flight, plus a single cross country flight of at least 270 Km. (150 nautical miles), during which full stop landings will be carried out at two different aerodromes.
- Ground School Phase: 180 hours over a period of 4 months.
- Practical Phase: It usually takes 2 to 4 months to fly all the 45 hours. It is possible to fly on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Flights are carried out at Requena Aerodrome (Valencia).
Ground school exam at Madrid (Senasa)
Flight exam at Requena Aerodrome
MANUALS AND STUDY MATERIAL
FLIGHT .................. Hours
PA-28 or C-172 .......... 45